So…it’s been a while! This is partially for very good reasons, and partially for some pretty sad reasons. First up, the good!
- I got married! Yes, that was a great day in history. I’ve never felt so pampered in my life. I was in the spotlight which freaked me out quite a bit, but most people were very supportive and helped ease my anxiety (some booze took the edge off as well). My husband and I are very excited about our future together, and so far (though it’s been brief) we have had a pretty seamless transition into being married. I’m sure we have many ups and downs in the future, but I hope those times will strengthen our relationship even more than it already is. It’s only been about three weeks since we said our do’s so I don’t have any professional pictures to show you, but here is a picture one of my bridesmaids took:
- We went on our honeymoon! I think it speaks for itself that we had a wonderful time.
- We moved into a new place. About three weeks before the wedding we moved all of our stuff into a significantly smaller (but better) place. For the weeks leading up to the wedding, as we received gifts, we purged so much of our stuff! We donated all of our gently used things to a local charity. We did the best we could to keep from throwing anything workable away.
- I’ve been writing thank you notes. And I’m still not done! This is both good and bad. I am so grateful for the gifts, but my hand starts cramping after five thank you notes in a row. I’m slowly working my way through the list, though. I should be done relatively soon!
Now, the bad (insert sad emoticon):
- My car was stolen this week. And then recovered. But then we realized it was totaled. And my car is so old, that it’s not worth much. It’s had many problems in the past, and I have to say that I’m tired of sinking money in to it. Don’t get me wrong. I love my car. It was the car I finished high school with, went to college with, started my first big girl job with, and had many “firsts” with. I am deeply saddened to have to let Norman (yes, his name is Norman) go. I have had him for 8 of his 13 years of life. We’ve been through a lot together. I know what you’re thinking…It’s just a car, and A LOT of people have told me that I shouldn’t get attached to material possessions, but I can’t really help it with Norman. Letting him go is like letting a huge piece of me go. And that is a very hard task to do. He is my link to some memories that will now fade without his presence.
- I’ve been getting my name changed…which has been a nightmare. I don’t wish those long lines and wait times on anyone.
This has certainly been an eventful few months. What have you been up to lately?